In this area of our website, you'll find answers to frequently asked questions about Feeling Great Sleep Centers. If you don't find the information you're seeking here, please call us toll-free at 866-499-1588.
Q: Are your sleep centers accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM)?
A: Yes, absolutely. And as such, we adhere to all AASM guidelines. Additionally, our medical equipment company, Feeling Great Respiratory Equipment, (formerly "Second Breath Equipment Company") has also received the prestigious JCAHO accreditation.
Q: What types of services do you offer?
A: We are proud to be North Carolina’s all-in-one sleep solution. As such, we provide consultation, testing, diagnosis, and treatment for all 85 types of sleeping disorders.
Q: What types of sleep studies do you conduct?
A: Offer our patients the following sleep diagnosis and testing services:
- Diagnostic Overnight Sleep Studies (PSGs) - These are general monitoring and evaluation studies that confirm or rule out sleep apnea.
- CPAP Titration Studies - If, after PSG testing, moderate or severe sleep apnea is diagnosed, patients return for second overnight CPAP Titration studies, where their CPAP pressure levels are adjusted to ensure that their therapy is as effective as possible.
- Split-Night Sleep Studies(Baseline PSGs plus CPAP Titrations) - Split-night studies are conducted when moderate or severe sleep apnea has been observed (according to AASM guidelines) during the first half of overnight PSG tests. In these situations, our sleep technologists perform CPAP titrations during the second half of the night (see explanation above).
- MSLTs (Multiple Sleep Latency Tests) - These tests - used to diagnose narcolepsy - measure our patients' levels of daytime sleepiness. MSLTs are conducted during the day following overnight sleep studies.
- MWTs (Maintenance Wakefulness Tests) - These tests are generally conducted to ensure that therapy is effective for patients - particularly commercial drivers and shiftworkers - who have been diagnosed with sleeping disorders.
What types of insurances do you accept?
A: For your convenience, the table below provides a quick reference – and partial list - of the insurance carriers we accept. Simply click on the link provided if you'd like to view a complete list: Complete List of Accepted Insurance Carriers.
Feeling Great Sleep Center's Partial List of Accepted Insurance Carriers and Managed Health Providers
|Blue Cross / Blue Shield
|United Health Care
|National Association of Letter Carriers
Q: What if I need CPAP therapy but do not have health insurance coverage?
A: CPAP therapy is clearly the best solution for helping people suffering from sleep apnea - a very serious and potentially life-threatening medical disorder. Unfortunately however, not all of the patients who need treatment have private health insurance coverage or qualify for Medicare coverage. If this is your situation, please don't allow your lack of insurance coverage to stop you from getting the medical attention you need and deserve. Please call us at 866-499-1588 and we will work with you to arrive at a payment plan that you can afford.
Q: Do you have more than one sleep center and equipment clinic locations? If so, where are they?
A: Yes, our sleep centers are conveniently located in Durham, Jacksonville, and Burlington, North Carolina and our patients' studies are scheduled at the centers of their choice. Additionally, our patients can pick up their PAP and / or oxygen equipment at one of our walk-in clinics in Durham, Jacksonville, or Burlington. For more details on our locations and / or directions click on the link provided here: Feeling Great Sleep Centers Locations.